Kayaking Trip, Green River, Utah, 60 miles, 7 day trip

Looking for friends to go kayaking, cycling, hiking with (or to share whatever your favorite outdoor adventure may be)? Post about it here!

Kayaking Trip, Green River, Utah, 60 miles, 7 day trip

Postby speedracer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:45 am

I'm planning a kayaking trip down the Green River in Utah sometime in May or June. I would like to have someone else come along for some company. The trip length will be 60 miles and I figured on doing 15 miles per day. It will take a day and a half of driving to get there and the same to get back home. I will put in at Highway 70 and pull out at Mineral Bottom. I heard from someone else that there is a service (for a price) to pick up and transport kayaker back to home base. I still have to check that out. The river is quite calm, no rapids, and goes through the Canyon Lands. The water is silty and you will have to bring your own drinkable water. I also heard there is a spring halfway through the trip. A good place to view what the trip might look like is through Google Earth.
Let me know if your interested.

My name is Shane and I'm usually at the RIM Club shows.
speedracer
Freshie

Postby Dodrill » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi Shane, That sounds like a great trip. What kind of boat will you take? I don't have one, but perhaps could borrow. Let s know what dates you're thinking about. There are some boaters here.
Manifest the Psych
Dodrill
Infliction affliction addiction

Postby speedracer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:20 pm

Hey Jerry, I'm taking my 16 foot Sealutions kayak. it has two hatches and enough room to store plenty of gear. I know James has a kayak that he would let you use. Originally James was going but decided to bail and concentrate his efforts on his El Cap climb.
I would have to get back to you about a specific date.
speedracer
Freshie

Postby RiverMountain » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:06 am

Alex here - sounds like your trip will put in at Green River or below. I did a trip through deso and grey last summer and hired River Runners Transport out of Vernal Utah http://www.riverrunnerstransport.com/
Melanie is the contact 435.781.4919. I hired then to organize, purchase food, make the dense ice, provide drinkning water and deliver it all packed to put-in. I also rented extra rafts, kayaks (one and two man IKs). They are a sound operation and quite flexible. If you contact them, please mention Alex Sebastian referred you. Have a great float.
Alex Sebastian
RiverMountain
Professor of Randomness

Postby RiverMountain » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:15 am

Oh ya - I also hired RRT to run the vehicle shuttle for us.
Alex Sebastian
RiverMountain
Professor of Randomness

Postby speedracer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:47 am

thanks Alex for the good info. What was the trip like?
And Jerry, I asked James for the use of his kayak for you and he said it was ok.
speedracer
Freshie

Return to Other outdoor activities